Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MSBR)
MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR)
NOW ONLINE AT REDUCED RATE !
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is the original, evidence-based, user-friendly program that brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices. This learning cultivates mental and physical resilience and helps break cycles of stress, anxiety and unhappiness. Come and see how this inspiring course can help you develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
Evidence-based mindfulness programs that create lasting transformation and positive change through in-depth and practical mindfulness training, as seen on the ABC TV Catalyst program. MBSR is held over 8 weeks, 2-2.5hrs weekly in group settings with free downloadable guided mindfulness meditation, guidebook and weekly email.
Locations – Classes are now all online at significant discount!
Fri 14 Feb – 3 Apr, 1-3.30pm & full day Sun 22 March, 10-4pm
Now online via Zoom.
Sat 2 May – 20 Jun, 1.00 – 3.30 pm + full-day retreat Sun 7 Jun, 10 – 4 pm
Sat 1 Aug – 19 Sept, 1.00 – 3.30 pm + full-day retreat Sun 30 Aug, 10 – 4pm
Sat 17 Oct – 5 Dec, 1.00 – 3.30 pm +full day retreat Sun 15th Nov, 10 – 4pm
Location – In the comfort and safety of your own home. Classes are conducted online through Zoom, which is a free easily downloadable App which I provide to you via email when you register for the program.
$650 (full rate on location) discounted to $480 for online delivery. Concessional rate is available for those in need. For further details and bookings please email in the space provided.
Day retreats are conducted online in the comfort and safety of your own home.
MBSR is a compelling approach to self-care and coping with stress, illness and pain. There is a growing body of research evidence to support its effectiveness in the following areas:
- Pain management including chronic pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Mental fitness including cognition control, emotional regulation and wellbeing, improved attention and brain executive function
- Counter the effects of ageing including improved cognition
- Stress reactivity reduction and the range of health condition that stem from stress reactivity e.g. high blood pressure, inflammation, chronic disease and illness
- A range of conditions including Coronary Artery Disease, Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Type 1, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma/Respiratory disorders, Headaches and Multiple Sclerosis
MBSR has been shown to significantly improve health-related quality of life including reduced physical symptoms, functional status, psychological distress and wellbeing (Centre for Mindfulness, UMASS Medical Centre).
What Does the Program Involve
- an individual phone interview, and ongoing support from your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class, over eight weeks, plus one full retreat day
- mindfulness meditation and body awareness training
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- the scientific rationale for the practice
- access to audio app for practice and a 100-page coursebook
Come and see how this inspiring course can help you develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
Practicing mindfulness is an investment in your future health and wellbeing. Invest today!