Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MSBR)
MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR)
Evidence-based mindfulness programs that create lasting transformation and positive change through in-depth and practical mindfulness training, as seen on the ABC TV Catalyst program. MBSR is held over 8 weeks, 2-2.5hrs weekly in group settings with free downloadable guided mindfulness meditation, guidebook and weekly email.
Gladesville, Sat 12 Oct– 30 Nov, 1.30 – 4pm + full day Sun 17 Nov 10.00 – 4.00pm
Location – Boronia Park Uniting Church, 93 Pittwater Rd, Boronia Park
Bondi Junction, Thur 10 Oct – 28 Nov, 6.30 – 9pm + full day Sun 17 Nov 10.00- 4.00pm
Location – School of Arts, 138 Bondi Rd Bondi Junction.
Cost – $590 (early bird rate) $650 (full rate). For further details and bookings please email.
Full day retreat for both location on Sunday 17th November 10-4pm at Mosman, Middle Head.
MBSR is a compelling approach to self care and coping with stress, illness and pain. There is a growing body of research evidence to support its effectiveness in the following areas:
- Pain management including chronic pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Mental fitness including cognition control, emotional regulation and wellbeing, improved attention and brain executive function
- Counter the affects of ageing including improved cognition
- Stress reactivity reduction and the range of health condition that stem from stress reactivity e.g. high blood pressure, inflammation, chronic disease and illness
- A range of conditions including Coronary Artery Disease, Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Type 1, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma/Respiratory disorders, Headaches and Multiple Sclerosis
MBSR has been shown to significantly improve health related quality of life including reduced physical symptoms, functional status, psychological distress and wellbeing (Centre for Mindfulnes, UMASS Medical Centre).
Practicing mindfulness is an investment in your future health and wellbeing. Invest today!